Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Indiana Jones

Finally finished my Indy project. The following text is from AMHQ.

"I’ve finally completed my Indiana Jones custom VAM project. Kudos to Starbuck for giving me the inspiration in the first place! I really enjoyed putting this one together…it brought back a lot of memories from my childhood. Indy really is an iconic character and is perfectly suited to VAM.

The photos are fairly self-explanatory. However, I’ve provided a break-down of the clothes/accessories below:

Fedora (custom-made by Steve)
Leather Jacket (from the BBI ‘Relic Hunter’ figure)
Trousers (again, from the BBI ‘Relic Hunter’ figure)
Shirt (from my spares collection – dyed in boiling tea to give a vintage look…I seem to recall getting this idea from one of LFJ’s posts?)
Gas Mask Bag (obtained from Monkey Depot and modified. It was originally a French-style gas mask bag)
Boots (from Newline Miniatures, identical to the ones I used for my original Jackal project)
Holster/Belt/Webley Revolver (custom-made by Steve – he really makes some beautiful items)
Gold Fertility Idol (scratch-built with Sculpey and painted with gold leaf)
Idol Counter-weight (scratch-built)
Coiled Whip (scratch-built using leather strips)
Pocket-Knife (from my Dragon SOLDAT figure)
Temple Map (furnished using an image of the movie prop found on the internet)
Peru & Bolivia Map (furnished using an image from the internet)
Retail Packaging (scratch-built, with the exception of the actual box, which was pre-made)

I want to make special mention of Indy’s coiled whip, which was made by my wife. It’s constructed of three strands of thin, tapered leather, which my girl tirelessly plaited into the finished product. It might not be the most movie-accurate 1/6 scale Indy whip in existence, but the fact that it was made by my wife makes it pretty special!

I also wanted my retail packaging to include an exclusive Action Man/Indiana Jones mail-in competition. This time, ten lucky winners from 1983 get to be cast as an extra in the sequel (or more correctly, the prequel) to ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’."

Photos to follow.

No comments: